Pursuing Armstrong’s Mission Statement requires that we act as “passionate team members working together to deliver excellence in… safety.”
The success of Armstrong’s approach to safety is evidenced by our uninterrupted coverage by a single insurance carrier since 1957. In addition to our in-house Safety Department, we have an Agency Safety Representative at each agency who reports directly to his/her agency President. The six-component Safety Management Cycle of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration provides the framework for continuous improvement.
Our Agency Safety Representatives prepare and execute an annual Safety Action Plan. This plan is used to document satisfaction of and continuous improvement in key safety performance metrics. Metrics are derived from Department of Transportation and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration regulations, van line mandates, and our own procedures, controls and policies. Maintaining a lower-than-industry Experience Modification Rate is a key result.
Agency Safety Representatives earn certification through participation in a Safety Planning Workshop and successful completion of six online courses. Certification modules include driver qualifications, vehicle inspections, pre-trip checklists, maintenance logs, hours of service compliance and overall Safety Performance Rating. Armstrong’s Safety Department, our insurer, outside consultants and UniGroup’s Safety Department conduct training and coaching.
We provide safety training meeting curriculum to our Agency Safety Representatives for weekly use with operations personnel. Additionally, they conduct recurring driver review sessions and perform frequent site visit audits on jobs-in-process.
- "Our driver really did an exceptional job of making us feel that our belongings were in good hands. The delivery crew took really took great care in handling our things and everyone was very helpful and knowledgeable."
D.Q., July 2015
- "Dre, our driver was excellent, professional and responsive. I would hire him any day to move me. Awesome!"
J.M., June 2015
- "The loading crew was amazing. Efficient, thorough, very careful with wrapping furniture and very respectful. They worked very well together. I can't say enough about the Indy loading crew- best moving crew I've ever seen!"
M.B., July 2015
- "My driver was EXCELLENT! Being a single female that was moving alone he was very helpful and made me feel comfortable and safe with having him in my home. Great professionalism!"
F.S., August 2015
- "This is the 13th state I have lived in and Rick Walter was the best driver (and packer/loader) I have ever had. Simply put, he is the epitome of a professional. He was on time, courteous, and went out of his way to meet my schedule. If you want a customer to be impressed, let Rick do the job. He made our move so easy I could not thank him enough. Our family appreciated his excellent service and courteous manner."
W.F., July 2015