Armstrong seeks to respect and reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate and the marketplace we serve.
Armstrong’s team of 900+ is diverse in every way. For example, in 1985, we advanced the van operator as owner-operator model. We provided financing for drivers to purchase tractors and straight trucks, equipping them to operate as independent business owners. This model has continued to propagate to the point where today, 63% of our drivers are ethnic minorities who are owner-operators.
Additionally, under the leadership of Jenny Johnson, CEO of Armstrong Relocation – Huntsville, we have earned certification from the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) as a woman-owned and -managed enterprise.
As a result of these efforts, Armstrong is able to provide clients with both Tier I and Tier II diversity spend capture opportunities.
We challenge our supply chain network to act in a socially-responsible manner, primarily exemplified in diversity and environmental sustainability actions in keeping with Armstrong’s goals and initiatives.
These suppliers provide additional opportunities for Tier II diversity spend capture.
Our philanthropic activities are designed to enrich the communities in which we operate. Many of these purposeful investments of human and fiscal resources impact minorities within our local markets. While some of these investments are long standing, our agencies select an appropriate enrichment activity of their own choosing for particular emphasis each calendar year.
- "Our driver really did an exceptional job of making us feel that our belongings were in good hands. The delivery crew took really took great care in handling our things and everyone was very helpful and knowledgeable."
D.Q., July 2015
- "Dre, our driver was excellent, professional and responsive. I would hire him any day to move me. Awesome!"
J.M., June 2015
- "The loading crew was amazing. Efficient, thorough, very careful with wrapping furniture and very respectful. They worked very well together. I can't say enough about the Indy loading crew- best moving crew I've ever seen!"
M.B., July 2015
- "My driver was EXCELLENT! Being a single female that was moving alone he was very helpful and made me feel comfortable and safe with having him in my home. Great professionalism!"
F.S., August 2015
- "This is the 13th state I have lived in and Rick Walter was the best driver (and packer/loader) I have ever had. Simply put, he is the epitome of a professional. He was on time, courteous, and went out of his way to meet my schedule. If you want a customer to be impressed, let Rick do the job. He made our move so easy I could not thank him enough. Our family appreciated his excellent service and courteous manner."
W.F., July 2015